Thursday, August 6, 2009

CoCo Competitions

CoCo decided to participate in our church-sponsored sports camp again this year. He likes sports of all kinds and finds it an extra perk that he and his buddies can capture frogs during their down time. This is a picture of our crew at the track meet, an event on Tuesday. It started at 1, and in typical fashion, I was running approximately 5 minutes late. As I am herding everyone into the van after arguing with Neil-te about footwear (no hiking boots!), grabbing the camera and a piece of toast, putting the dog away ...the garage door wouldn't close. I moved the bike that was obstructing the way, slammed the door to the house, jumped into the van to happily find that KiKi was already strapped. Then I proceeded to put my non-existent keys into the ignition. UGH! Though I tried every possible means of entry into our house, I was finally forced to call hubby to get him to come home so that I could get my keys out of the house. Feeling great pangs of guilt at interrupting his work day, I was relieved to hear him say, "Well, at least you have your cell phone!" During all of this drama, CoCo was at the track meet, already competing. By the time we arrived, he had completed his event. Bigger UGH! At least we got a couple of pictures of him.


CoCo with his cousin. Yes, I did notice that CoCo is masking his great disappointment with his cheese grin. Guilt... guilt... guilt.

Today was his swim meet. We arrived EARLY - even saw warm ups! :-) CoCo got 2nd place in his race and was happy to see us in the bleachers. I got many genuine, cheesy grins and felt like a good mom!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Your summer looks like it has been lots of fun. Summer is FINALLY HERE! I hope you are enjoying your pool. School starts too soon. :P