Monday, November 9, 2009

Project of Desperation

I finally got fed up with the condition of our side yard - where we had the tree stump removed in early summer. We had hoped to extend our driveway, but the quotes we got were soooo high that I think both hubby and I were just avoiding thinking about it. However, over the past few weeks, I have been getting more and more frustrated with the ugly, muddy strip next to the driveway. So with nice weather in the forecast this week, the boys and I began digging it out ourselves. Hubby thinks we're nuts; I'm sure he's right. Three or four inches of gravel have got to be better than mud, though - at least, I hope!

Break Time! A and C earned their break. They worked long and hard to show Daddy that it could be done. Neil-Te had more fun catching worms and bugs. KiKi has a fever, so he just sat and looked into the worm bucket. He did have occasional bursts of energy. (I couldn't keep him awake past 5:45 tonight. I'm thinking tonight will be rough. Poor little guy is already crying out and coughing in his sleep.)

1 comment:

Stacy said...

ambitious! I bet it will look just fine, Fudge.