Friday, January 15, 2010

GONE!

I have had reactions to skin products (lotions, soaps, cleaners, sunscreens...) since I was a young girl. I have endured almost-constant, tiny blisters and rashes on my hands since grade school. Now, almost 30 years later, I decided to see an allergist. My main motivation - not my hands - my need for a lotion to slow down my wrinkles! ;-)
They put these test strips on my back on Monday. I felt as if my back was full of mosquito bites or poison ivy. I gritted my teeth all night. By the next day, it only felt like a burn. By Wed., I thought I was getting them removed, only to be told that I needed to leave them on until Friday. So, I struggled with itching, burning sensations for the rest of the week. Today, I found the results - nothing! I did not have an allergic reaction to any of the test squares, but did have a reaction to the tapes. Something which they have never seen before - great. I already knew I had adhesive issues - been avoiding band aids for years. So, really nothing gained; but I did manage to lose a fair amount of sleep. Luckily, the Dr. gave me a whole bunch of samples for a product line that none of her allergy patients have ever reacted to. I'll give them a try. Hubby's always told me that when it says 99.9% hypoallergenic that I will be the .1%. I just hope this time he's wrong.

1 comment:

Ana said...

OH! wow...I am so sorry about that experience! How frustrating!