Saturday, January 9, 2010

Laundry

For those of you who have ever ventured into my laundry room, you will understand when I compare it to a dungeon. It was cramped, cobwebby, cluttered...basically a washer, dryer, and cement set tub shoved up against a cement wall with peeling paint from 5o+ years ago. Unfortunately, with a family of 7, I spend entirely too much time in there. So hubby has slowly been improving it. A few months ago, he built the platform for the washer and dryer. Before the holidays, he replaced the gigantic set tub with a smaller one. Last week, he put up drywall - no more looking at cement!


Today, he painted it! I love the fun purple color. It reminds me of lilacs and hyacinths.
When I was feeling guilty that he spent so much time priming and painting on his day off, he promptly replied, "If I build it, YOU will use it!" (Maybe that's why he let me choose purple!)

3 comments:

Stacy said...

THAT is magnificent!
I love it.
Isn't it amazing the difference walls can make?
Like, they are still IN the same place, but it feels so fancy now!
Enjoy... well, as much as you can. ;)

Like Fudge said...

He's out looking for flooring this afternoon! YEAH!

Anonymous said...

R.....this is aweeeesoooome! i love the color! your hubster is so good!